Wow! It’s August again and the back-to-school supplies and sales are popping up all over the place while we continue to bake under the hot Summer sun. I certainly hope everyone had an enjoyable Summer break and is looking forward to another great year of supporting our Ram Student Athletes.
The Booster Club has been hard at work all Summer prepping for this school year and we can’t wait to share some fun activities with you. First, though, we need to get you connected as a Booster Member. We have reduced the membership fee so that is is only $15 for your entire family. That’s a bargain for the amount of work Boosters does on behalf of our Athletic Program. Consider these facts:
- We awarded $4500 in Athletic Scholarships last year
- We donated $10,000 last year to the Athletic Program to be used for various sports use– equipment, bags, uniforms, etc. This is for ALL sports– not just one or two teams or just Varsity teams.
- We provide donations to help teams with snacks/food
- We publish the annual Sports Program featuring our student athletes
- We operate the Chuck Wagon for concessions at school events and donate those funds to the Athletic Program
- We provide the majority of spirit wear for Marshall with proceeds (after cost) going to the Athletic Program
Bottom Line– We exist to positively impact the lives of our student-athletes and to support the efforts of their coaches/teachers. We also like to have fun, watch some great competition, and root for all things Marshall!
If this sounds like a pretty neat thing to be a part of (and it IS), then fill out your membership form today: JMHS Athletic_Booster_Club_Membership_Form2017
You can email the from to firstname.lastname@example.org or print it out and submit it and payment to your student’s coach. We can email you an invoice so you can submit payment via credit/debit card online, too.
But, WAIT, there’s more…we are looking for volunteers! Do you have a few hours to help sell merchandise during Prep Days or at a Football game? What about helping with Chuck Wagon concessions at football game at Marshall?
There’s more to share about why being a Booster Member is just about the neatest thing to be, but I’ll save that for another time. For now, don’t delay. Get your form turned in and be a Rams Booster today!